Wednesday 12 July 2023

The advert

As per introduction the advert was placed on the Dutch Marktplaats. Normally I take screen shots of these just for the records. But in this case I was to late. But with Google cache I was able to bring it up again. So hereby the screenshots:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:oI-7kM4k1nYJ:https://www.marktplaats.nl/v/motoren/motoren-oldtimers/m1984020562-iso-milano-150cc-1959&cd=28&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nl

It is only now that I see the advert was seen 2040 times and saved 41 times! It ran for almost a month.

Initially the black color with red wheels put me off but when reading the advert and flicking through the photo's I changed my mind.

You can click on the screenshot photo's to enlarge:




In the supporting text you can read (if you understand Dutch) the scooter was professionally sand blasted and sprayed in epoxy primer. Afterwards it was sprayed black (Ugh!). Also the brakes were overhauled. Only the electrics had to be sorted out, other than that all was done. When I inspected the scooter I was also informed the carburettor had been ultrasonic cleaned and the gastank had been sealed - so no more potential corrossion issue's. 


And now the surprising bit, at least for me. The sandblasting and expoy primer had been carried out the following company. This photo was included in the advert:



And this photo was included as well. 


When checking the website of the company I found the Iso Milano in their project list, cool!:



And when checking their Instagram account I can see it as well:


And when checking their Facebook account I can see it too:

So apparently this work was done in May 2016 - That's more than 7 years ago!

And now the interesting part. I do happen to know that company as it's nearby where my mother lives and around that time I must have visited them to buy some tools. And I clearly remember that Maserati Khamsin. I was stunned to see that car in the shop. I bumped into one of the shop guys and he was surprised to hear from me stating it was a Maserati Khamsin. As mentioned earlier, I'm an Italian car enthusiast. In fact I also figured out which company was overhauling this Maserati as I had visited them for work on my own Italian car. How's that!?

In any case, in late 2018 I had some parts sanded and sprayed by that same company. 

https://erwinxjs.blogspot.com/2018/12/parts-sanding-spraying.html

https://erwinxjs.blogspot.com/2019/01/sandblasted-parts.html

In any case, I definately now know this scooter has a very solid basis. The owner said it was in good condition and not rusted but required a good overhaul and the above is covincing proof of that. I was informed this exercise costed about € 800,- 

Still a pitty it was painted afterwards in this silly black color. It definately needs to go back to original specs.


Update 8-8-2023: I stumbled upon another advertisement by the seller for a local website, slightly highly priced though: 

https://www.advertentiex.nl/ad-iso-milano-150cc-1958-1558906?in=Noord-Brabant-Motoren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...