Tuesday 11 July 2023

Introduction

Hello all,

Another blog another adventure. I had been looking into scooters before but found them a bit expensive. Especially if it's for an occassional drive.  At the time I was mostly looking into classic Vespa's. And I was particularly looking at the early examples from the fifties and sixties. Prices went up so much overtime so I simply left it. I had enough other vehicles to play and drive with. 

Then last year I got my hands on a Heinkel Tourist scooter by surprise and I still have it today. It was a remarkable story but I won't bother you with that. 

As I'm alway browsing around a bit this Iso Milano scooter showed up by surprise. I was not even looking for it. Not sure how that happened but I was immediately triggered. I had looked into this scooter brand before but they are quite hard to spot or to find. I'm an Italian car enthusiast so I know the full story about this brand and the vehicles they made. As such I have soft spot it.

The advert on the Dutch Marketplace was about to expire and someone had made a lowball offer that same day. So I placed a higher bid and got contacted the next hour. I left him a PM with my phonenumber and not much later he called back. Apparently more people were in contact with him but he considered me a serious contact. So an appointment was made and after a quick demonstration the deal was made.

The scooter still needs a bit of work which on one hand holded me back a little as I know how scarce and difficult it will be to obtain parts and bits. It always will end up more expensive, so sometimes its better to buy a complete restored example. Then again, I found it an unique opportunity and maybe the closest chance to obtain a Iso vehicle. And honestly, I do like the challenge to find and search all material and get it up and running again. 

So expect much blog updates the coming weeks and months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...