Thursday 13 July 2023

Iso Milano motor air vents accessoire

 And now I, of course, started to frantically searching about the scooter, parts, etc. 
To my suprise a new advert showed up on Marktplaats. And it had 2 seperate accessoire items listed:



I was clueless if these were original items. The "sidebars" or whatever it was did not look genuine to me. Likely some aftermarket rubbish. I doubted if this was meant for the Iso Scooter. So I asked the seller if I could buy the air vents seperately. Apparently another buyer was interested in the bars so a deal was quickly made. I thought this little investment could not do any harm. Although I was still uncertain about these air vents. Especially due to the unknown logo used. Initially I could not find photo evidence on the internet where applied on Iso scooters. I asked the seller where he did find these items and if he had an Iso Scooter or knew potential contacts. He used to have different scooters in the past and found these items on a fleemarket. He did not had a Iso or knew any contacts.

Meanwhile I did find some photo evidence and it looks like a genuine accessoire item for the Iso. Click to enlarge:


But now I was still unsure if this item was supposed to be used on a serie 1 or 2. In fact it was unclear to me which model year I had. More about that later. In this case the model was equipped with optional wheel caps (using the same logo). Also the frontwheel cover (mudguard) has some chrome ornament mounted on the front. Including on the curved fenders. And, almost not visible on this photo, it has an extra chrome protection bar on the windshield.

When further browsing around I found these on Ebay:





So by the looks of it I made a good deal.

And today they have arrived by post:




Not sure if I will actually use them as I like the actual clean cut design. Beside this one there is also another alternative:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...