Tuesday 25 July 2023

Steering lock

One of the other items that was missing was the steering lock. At first I had no idea it was a steering lock. My only source was some internet photo's. So I figured at first it was an ignition key. And the key lock is mounted differently on a series 2 (> 1959). Once I figured out it was a steer lock the search started. And of course I found one but it was only for a series 2.

Oh, the old lock was stored in a small box with some other bits and pieces which came with the scooter. I guess the old lock must have been damaged or broken due to a missing key. 




And after a long deep search I found a matching picture. Hurray! Even though I was not 100% sure I bought it. In the end I ordered it as this company: https://www.lambretta.me/   I could not find it easily locally and took the € 25,-  shipping costs for granted. So in total this item costed € 77,-

And yes, it is a Lambretta item (D, LD).

And today it arrived and I did happen to go to the storage so I could try to fit it. And of course it fitted:

                              




Needless to say I am very happy with this fix!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...