Friday 21 July 2023

Keylock compartment

Another item that is missing on my scooter; a keylock for the storage compartment. Currently holds together with tape:



I'm pretty sure there must be a new replacement available. But if possible I would like to obtain an original key set from a spares scooter. Online I found this. On the key I can read "milano serrature"




Via a looking glass I was able to enlarge without quality reduction of the photo. Still not clearly readable but the first three letters are E D A the last one might be a N. Ofcourse I searched for the options in combination with Settature Milano but nothing sensible showed up. I suspect this brand simply no longer exists? Anyone? (click the photo to enlarge):




Today I checked the diameter of the lock and it's about 2,2 cm :


By now I made 2 FB postings asking for help to identify and/or source one. One person with whom I have made contact responded:

This is a hard thing. I was looking also for a close to same lock. There is nothing on the market. Diameter is M21x1 with is very not common.
There are two brands that were used on diva. One is UR and the other is EDAL. Didnt found something about it.

And another owner responded with an alternative solution:


So likely it will become difficult to find one, so I think it will become some kind of mailbox solution. I will do some more checks for modern scooter lock solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...