Saturday 29 July 2023

Brake light switch CEV - interrutotore luce stop

Today I had a little spare time and wanted to make a start at the electrics as thats mostly the main thing that needs to be sorted out. Luckily the previous owner kept these cabling pieces and specific items. 

I did found this item and wondered what is was used for. I figured it had to be a brake light switch. So I measured it and it was still functioning.

A quick look underneath the scooter close to the brake hinge point I found the location where it was suppose to be fitted:

So for checking purposes I temporary mounted it:


It is only now that I see on the photo's the existing spring to pull the brake pedal back should be actually used on the switch. In any case this is something simplistic to overcome.

I only need to source a small copper screw to fit the wiring. Maybe I can find a NOS switch. It has stamped the markings CEV on it. Not sure what brand and type this is:


Well, quicker as anticipated I found these items on Ebay. The brand name is CEV but model type is still unknown. The Italian naming is: Cev Interruttore Luce Stop Knowing the Italian naming helps in searching and narrowing it down

Here another offer on Ebay:


these are again pricy items and not to mention the shipping costs

And this one with a specific adjustment screw on the back:


So apparently they are being used on the known brands, ie Benelli, Moto Guzzi, Laverda, Gilera

As I was still curious regarding CEV, I meanwhile found out the following:


Apparently the current owning company is Zadi: 

The Group continues to grow with the acquisition of a company that, in a hundred years, has covered the history of the motorcycle: FRATELLI PAGANI of Milan, a manufacturer of lighting equipment and instrumentation under the brand CEV.

And this link provides an even better historical overview of the brand CEV:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...