Sunday 30 July 2023

Battery holder + Aprilia rectifier (raddrizzatore) Norma Bologna 2H1DB40 582

Another item that I looked into was the battery holder. Also the battery was included. It was a gel battery but upon checking it was completely dead and it was not possible to charge it either. Oh well. I did notice it was a 12V battery. According to the booklet it needs to be 4.5 Ah

In any case, it looks like they had slighly bend the iron to make this battery fit. And also this piece was left untreated, not sure why, everything else had been done. 



And now mounted with fresh bolts. You can see the bottom part is bend, so the battery would fit.
I will sand it and spray at a later stage. First I want everything build and fully working.

I measured the battery holder in order to find a proper fit. So roughly: L x W x  H = 128 x 37 x 127 mm

It's likely going to be a challenge to find a matching battery. But I found it easily in the end. Again this model and size is also used on the Lambretta. Yes, again the D150 model:

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/it/batteria-6v-a-gel-lambretta-d150-ld150-vers-2-ld-57.html

Maybe good also to order this harness wiring:

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/it/impianto-elettrico-lambretta-d150-con-batteria-stop.html

The Lambretta d150 is also making use of the same control switch:

http://www.lambrettiamo.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=72_176_188&product_id=415

Next item I looked into was the rectifier:





Again, this was an easy fit. I do have the cover cap as well but forgot to include it. The cap has the name Aprilia on it. Inside you can read the brand name Norma Bologna. And the type nr: 2H1DB40 582  Unfortunately I could not find much about this type. 

I'm unsure if it's still functioning. And I believe it's a 6V rectifier, so the battery should also be a 6V instead of the used 12V. Maybe the series 2 used a 12V system, not sure about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...