Monday 7 August 2023

Tail light - Vetro fanalino posteriore Lambretta LD 1957 - Catalux Aprilia - Ducati - MV Augusta - Iso Feretto

Another item that arrived together with the battery was the rear light

The old one was not damaged but was missing the lower transparant case housing/strip. I think it got lost somehow. And it was "fixed" with cellotape:

Luckily this item is still available as it's another item as used on the Lambretta D150

https://www.riminilambrettacentre.com/it/vetro-fanalino-posteriore-lambretta-ld-1957.html

Price € 15,-



for photo purposes I mounted it but afterwards I put the old one back on again as I fear it might get damaged, it's very fragile. I'm surprised there is not even a gasket for it. Also the lampholder underneath is very particular. More on that in a different blogpost.


I did perform some more checking on the rear light and by surprise I found this photo. It's an item that was for sale. And as you can see it has a gasket. Also you can see the nice lightbulb-holder setup, which is slightly different as done on the Iso. I'm now curious to know on which vehicle this has been used. Althouh it looks similar I suspect it's slightly larger thus different.


It might have been used on the Iso Furetto? I'm awaiting a response from the reseller.


Or on a MV Augusta (this one has the white gasket):


Next I found this light with a metal case housing unit:



After a bit more digging it looks like this might have been used on a Ducati 100cc sport from 1957. Or at least on some Ducati's from that era. After further checking I noticed the rear lights on the Ducati's are however slightly different but close though.



And one more I found, with a metal background plate. I wonder how the bulblight holder looks on the inside. Unfortunately no photo's of that available. Slightly to expensive as well to purchase:



And today I received the photo of the inside, a completely different lampholder solution



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dutch Iso brochure 1961

 Yesterday on the Dutch Marketplace someone offered a Dutch Iso brochure for sale. I got outbid and it was sold for € 15,- It's a brochu...